Piggies – The pig is one of the most intelligent animals in the Kawaii Animals gang. While they may not necessarily appear so, pigs are said to be more intelligent than children of up to four years old. We can demonstrate this as one of our range of pigs even tells you the time! Once you add a Kawaii Animals pig to your family, be warned, there’s a good chance you might need to give it a partner because pigs love to communicate with each other. They have oinks, grunts and squeals that all mean different things – if only we knew what they talked about!
Here are some really interesting facts about our intelligent friends courtesy of onekind.org. Click here to visit the website: onekind.org
- Pigs are extremely social animals. They form close bonds with other individuals and love close contact and lying down together.
- Pigs are very clean, keeping their toilet area far away from where they lie down and eat. Even new-born piglets will leave the nest to go to the toilet within hours of birth.
- Pigs are very peaceful animals, rarely showing aggression. The exception, as with many animals, is when a mother (sow) with her young offspring is provoked or threatened.
- Pigs have a tremendous sense of smell. The large round disk of cartilage at the tip of the snout is connected to muscle that gives it extra flexibility and strength for rooting in the ground.
- The pig is the last of the 12 animals in the Chinese zodiac. The pig is seen to represent, fortune, honesty, happiness and virility.
Check out our pig string doll keyring and Anisnap watch now and add this inquisitive, cuddly creature to your family. Click here to see our full range of piggie goodies.
Don’t forget to show us how your new friend has settled in too, via Facebook and Twitter – and if you’re still in doubt that pigs are your new favourite animal, just listen to Sir Winston Churchill, who once said:
“Dogs look up to man. Cats look down to man. Pigs look us straight in the eye and see an equal.”
Leave a Reply