Naturally, our big cats have a big say at Kawaii Animals HQ. They like to rule the roost and whilst our lions and tigers squabble to see who is best, our cheetah just practices his running!
Here are some facts about big cats!
- The cheetah can run at speeds of 70mph, and can go from 0-60mph in 3 seconds!
- The roar of an adult lion can be heard up to five miles away.
- Much like the human fingerprint, no tiger’s stripes are the same.
- Out of all the species of cats, the tiger is the largest, with a body length of up to 3.3 metres and weighing up to 670lb. Of these the Caspian and Siberian are the largest subspecies of tiger.
- A cheetah can cover 23 to 26 feet in one stride!
- The lion in the wild lives between 12 and 16 years. In captivity however, they can live to about 25.
- Rather cutely, cheetahs don’t roar, they purr.
- Contrary to common belief, tigers don’t avoid water – they are excellent swimmers.
- Cheetahs are the only big cats that do not have retractable claws. This means they are unable to climb vertical trees.
- It is only the lion which lives in groups, called prides. Usually every female within the pride will be related.
- Lions are the only big cat which has a tuft of hair at the end of its tail.
Our range of big cats is one of our cutest. They are the pride of the Kawaii Animals gang! We have lions, tigers and even a cheetah in our range of keyrings, door hangers, soft toys and magnets. There is even a lion watch and a tiger brooch in our collection of cute animal themed gifts and toys. Make them the pride of your home and let us know about it on Facebook and Twitter … Click here to see our full range.
Leave a Reply