… and the Kawaii Animals gang are no exception to this.
Here are a few facts about the Giant Panda you might not know:
The Giant Panda is native to China. They live in the mountain ranges in central China’s Sichuan, Shaanxi, and Gansu provinces
- All the pandas in zoos around the world still belong to the Chinese people and are only on loan to the host zoo.
- Pandas are an endangered species. Population estimates vary but there may only be around 2,000 left in the wild.
- Panda cubs may weigh only around 150g (5oz) at birth but an adult male can weigh up to 150kg (330lb).
- Giant panda have a lifespan of around 20 years in the wild.
- Female pandas are always single mothers. The male panda doesn’t take any part in raising the panda cub.
- The panda eats mostly bamboo and can eat as much as 10kg (22lb) a day!
- The scientific name for the giant panda is Ailuropoda Melanoleuca.
(with thanks to the internet for these interesting panda facts)
The Kawaii Animals gang love our panda team member: Soo Zee. She does love to sit and munch on her bamboo and she can be a bit lazy but she has a sweet nature.
We have some gorgeous, fun pandas in our collection. Why not take a look and see if you can give one of our pandas a good home?
Leave a Reply